This page contains datasets, reusable research products, and supplemental materials for my work.
Wilkens, Matthew. “Measuring Sites of Literary Memory.” MLA Roundtable, 11 Jan 2015.
- Data on historical populations and literary mentions of selected U.S. cities, 1790-1990.
- The analysis and plotting code is also available as an Ipython notebook.
Santin, Bryan, Daniel Murphy, and Matthew Wilkens. “Is or Are: The ‘United States’ in Nineteenth-Century Print Culture” (2015, under review).
- Several sets of redistributable data derived from our literary and newsprint corpora, including demographic and biographical information on hundreds of nineteenth-century writers.
Wilkens, Matthew. “The Geographic Imagination of Civil War Era American Fiction.” American Literary History (25.4, 2013, pp. 803-40).
- A listing of the texts included in the corpus.
- The full results (.csv.bz2, 1.2MB). This is a CSV file containing all 142,706 location occurrences with full bibliographic and geographic information.